You might link the coastal town of Nha Trang with pristine white sand beaches, tasty seafood, scuba diving and beach parties. And you would be right, but you wouldn’t get it all. Because Nha Trang is also about cycling. And now more than ever, since we just opened our new Vietnam Bike Tours office there, at 49 Nguyen Thien Thuat.
Why in Nha Trang? Not because we are particularly looking for all the aforementioned charms (although we are not against them), but Nha Trang and its surroundings are an amazing place for cyclists. If you are not willing to do tough climbs but you want to enjoy a nice scenery, the coastal road is for you. Wether you head south, towards Cam Ranh, or North, towards Tuy Hoa and Quy Nhon, you will feel the breeze from the sea as you pedal through a road that is mostly flat, with some minor hills to keep you fit and busy.
But if what you like is challenge and climbing, Nha Trang is also a good starting point for a venture into the Highlands, wether you choose Dalat or Buon Ma Thuot. This is only for fit and daring riders, since you will have to achieve very serious climbs, but you will be rewarded with the cool breeze from the mountains and you can get get back your energy by drinking a cup of the locally produced coffee.
As we do in Saigon, we offer packaged bike tours with our experienced English speaking tourguides. These are some of the available tours at the moment:
– Half day in Nha Trang City: for the ones who just want to explore the city and cycle at a relaxed pace
– Full day in Nha Trang countryside: Ricefields, Coconut trees, fishing villages… A Nha trang that is very different from the one you see in travel agencies pictures. Probably a more real one.
– Nha Trang to Doc Let Beach via Monkey Island: It takes two days and one night to do this tour to this long white sand beach 50 km North of Nha Trang.
– Nha Trang to Hoi An: Probably one of the nicest rides in Vietnam, it takes four days and three nights to pedal along the coast, from one beach to the other, with the sparkling blue ocean on your right and glimmering rice fields on your left.
– Nha Trang- Quy Nhon- Hoi An- Hue: A variation of the Nha Trang-Hoian tour, reaching the former imperial capital of Hue and discovering the ancient Champa civilization remains along the way.
If you live in Nha Trang or you happen to be there on a Sunday and your legs are asking for a ride, you are in the right place because we will also have the Sunday Bike Ride free every Sunday, as we do in Saigon. These are just some of the options, but, of course, riders who prefer to explore on their own can easily rent our bikes and prepare their own routes. And for those for whom cycling is not enough, we offer rafting, guided visits to the countryside, diving, snorkeling, cooking class, water puppet show… You won’t get bored with us in Nha Trang.
Our new office, which just opened this week, is right in the city center, at 49A Nguyen Thien Thuat street and we open on working days from 7AM to 21:00. You can contact us by email: [email protected]